Quick Nutritious Recipes
Quick easy recipes that are healthy for kids
In today’s fast-paced world, it’s a challenge for anyone to get proper nutrition and kids can be especially challenging as their food preferences evolve and their willingness to explore waxes and wanes. Here are some links to quick and easy recipe ideas that will help ease the burden on you and ensure healthy nutrition for the whole family.
Create these easy to make - Kid friendly, Family pleasers that are sure to bring smiles to everyone
Top 7, Favorite Easy Recipes
How different our lives are when we really know what is deeply important to us, and keeping that picture in mind, we manage ourselves each day to be and to do what really matters most.
- 1 pound sage flavored breakfast sausage
- 3 cups shredded potatoes, drained and pressed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 12 ounces mild Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup onion, shredded
- 1 (16 ounce) container small curd cottage cheese
- 6 jumbo eggs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch square baking dish.
- Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
- In the prepared baking dish, stir together the shredded potatoes and butter. Line the bottom and sides of the baking dish with the mixture. In a bowl, mix the sausage, Cheddar cheese, onion, cottage cheese, and eggs. Pour over the potato mixture.
- Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into center of the casserole comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
it's a very easy and very tasty dish using round steak along with mushrooms, onions, and chives(all optional). Try serving it over hot, buttered noodles
- 1 1/2 pounds top round steak, cut into strips
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can canned mushrooms
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cube beef bouillon
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Place the beef in the bottom of a slow cooker, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Place onion on top of beef, and then add mushroom soup, mushrooms, and water. Season with chives, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and bouillon.
- In a small bowl, mix together the wine with the flour. Pour over the beef.
- Cover, and cook on Low for 6 to 7 hours. Stir in the sour cream and parsley, and continue cooking for 1 hour.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans, drained
- 3 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 (2 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef until no longer pink. Stir in salsa, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in beans, and heat through.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Spread crushed tortilla chips in dish, and then spoon beef mixture over chips. Spread sour cream over beef, and sprinkle olives, green onion, and tomato over the sour cream. Top with Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
All of our 10 children ask me to make this recipe whenever they come to visit. One day, i didn't have chilli powder which this recipe originally called for so I used barbecue sauce instead, it turned out awesome it's now made that way all the time.
- 5 1/2 cups water, divided
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup cubed potatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/2 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- In a large saucepan, combine 2 cups water, onion, carrots, potatoes, celery, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients; cover and simmer 30 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
Make classic homemade chicken noodle soup in a hurry using ready-to-use chicken breasts and canned broth.
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- ground black pepper
- 1-2 medium carrot, sliced
- 1-2 stalk celery, sliced
- 1/2 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut up
- 1/2 cup uncooked medium egg noodles
- Mix broth, water, black pepper, carrot, celery and chicken in saucepan. Heat to a boil.
- Stir in noodles. Cook over medium heat 10 minutes or until noodles are done.
- Serve with a green salad, crackers & cheese slices, apple, orange, or pear slices for dessert.
Serve up crispy, coated, bite-size cooked chicken on popsicle sticks and an assortment of sauces on the side to dip it in. Slide in some fresh veggies and fruits and add sauces for dipping these items, too. Kids love to play, playing with healthy food is a great option plus it leaves the boring ole PPJ behind
Make it fun. Find and fill a variety of mini storage containers for the dips and lunch packs - you know what your kids love to eat - the container makes it just that more fun.
Make ahead. Bake chicken and cut veggies the day before. Keep ready to go chicken in the freezer and bake it as needed.
Make it lighter. Use baked or broiled instead of fried coating on the chicken. Choose low-sodium/low-fat dips.
Make it different. Add raisins or nuts (or both) to make a variety of options with awesome results.
Make it safe. Be sure your child is old enough to eat this dish safely if unsupervised.
- 1 (7 ounce) can white tuna, drained and flaked
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/8 teaspoon dried minced onion flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- In a medium bowl, stir together the tuna, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, and onion flakes. Season with curry powder, parsley, dill and garlic powder. Mix well and serve with crackers or on a sandwich.
Find kid friendly favorite recipes