Being a parent is insane but absolutely incredible. Parenthood doesn’t define us. We’re growing, and there is adventure ahead.
Parent Co. is a digital publication for people who are as curious about the world as they are committed to raising great kids.
Our mission is to inspire parents and help them succeed by sharing useful, hilarious, and compelling stories every day.
In an effort to cover the complex subject of parenthood from multiple angles, we publish a wide variety perspectives on Parent Co. The articles we publish are not a reflection of our personal stances at parent.co, but rather the perspectives of those who take the time to submit them.
We believe that many of our world’s problems could be fixed if we raised more supported children. And we think it matters for parents to feel excited about being engaged with their families and kids.
[su_youtube_advanced url=” https://youtu.be/VI146xzCpVs” width=”680″ rel=”no” modestbranding=”yes” theme=”light”]
Who We Are
Head of Operations, Sales
Director of Content ,community manager, newsletter editor
Branded Content Manager, Editorial Contributor/Tech
Art Director & Lead Designer
Become a contributing writer
[su_button url=”https://www.parent.com/write-parent-co/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#e8563e” color=”#ffffff” size=”12″ center=”yes” radius=”2″ font-family=”Montserrat” font-weight=”400″]Submit Writing To Parent.co[/su_button]
[su_spoiler title=”Our Terms & Conditions” class=”my-custom-spoiler”]
In consideration of your use of the Site, you represent that you are of legal age to form a binding contract, and are not a person barred from using the Site under the laws of the United States or other applicable jurisdiction.
You are responsible for your use of the Site. The Site is meant to be a safe and welcoming experience for users. As such, Parentco prohibits certain conduct when using the Site. A list of acceptable conduct is provided below:
- You may not, in the use of the Site, violate any law or regulation (including, but not limited to, copyright laws).
- You may not post, upload, transmit, or in any way share anything that is illegal, abusive, harassing, harmful to reputation, pornographic, indecent, profane, obscene, hateful, racist, or otherwise objectionable.
- You are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, files, text, image, information, graphics, musical works, works of authorship, applications, photos, profiles, audio and video clips, links or any other materials (collectively, “Content“) that you submit, post, and display on the Site, or cause to be submitted, posted, or displayed on the Site.
- You may not modify, adapt or hack the Site or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with Parentco.
- You must not crawl, scrape, or otherwise cache any content from the Site.
- You may not create or submit unwanted email or comments to any contributors to the Site.
- You may not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature on the Site.
- You may not act to harm minors in any way.
Violation of any of these agreements or any provision of these Terms may result in immediate termination of your access to the Site. While Parentco prohibits offensive conduct and content on the Site, you understand and agree that Parentco cannot be responsible for the Content posted on the Site by third parties and users, and you use the Site at your own risk.
CHILDREN UNDER 13
The Site is not intended for use by children under the age of 13. You must be aged 13 or over to use the Site. Parentco will require all users to certify that they are at least 13 years of age prior to accessing the Site. If you are 13 or older but under the age of 18, you should review these terms and conditions with your parent or guardian to make sure that you and your parent or guardian understand and agree to these Terms.
The Site contains Content that is produced by Parentco (“Parentco Content”). Parentco Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and/or other laws, and Parentco owns and retains all rights in the Parentco Content and the Site. In consideration for your agreement to these Terms, Parentco grants you a limited, revocable, non-transferable license to reproduce and display the Parentco Content solely for your personal use in connection with viewing and using the Site in accordance with these Terms.
The Site also contains Content that is published by non-Parentco authors in exchange for payment by Parentco (“User Content”). You acknowledge and agree that any Parentco may accept or reject any Content that is submitted by you for publication, in its sole discretion. The publication process is subject to these Terms, as well as those set forth at https://www.parent.com/write-parent-co/ (the “Publication Terms”), which Publication Terms are incorporated herein by reference. Any User Content published in accordance with the Publication Terms is referred to herein as “Published Content.”
You acknowledge and agree that any Published Content submitted by you constitutes a Work Made for Hire within the meaning and purview of Section 101 of the United States Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 101) and shall be the exclusive property of the Company. Further, in agreeing to publish any User Content, you agree to assign and do thereby assign to the Company (or any person or entity designated by the Company) all of your right, title and interest in and to such User Content, and all present or future rights in any related copyrights and copyright applications. To the extent that the Published Content does not qualify as a Work Made for Hire, you hereby irrevocably transfer, assign, and convey the exclusive copyright ownership of such Published Content to the Company, free and clear of any liens, claims, or other encumbrances, to the fullest extent permitted by law
- You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for invoicing Parentco for any Published Content submitted by you within sixty (60) days after the first date such User Content is Published, after which time you shall forfeit any right to payment from Parentco for such Published Content, and Parentco shall be under no further obligation to make any payment in connection with such Published Content.
- You represent and warrant that: (i) you own all User Content posted by you on the Site, (ii) the posting and use of your User Content on the Site does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, intellectual property rights or any other rights of any person, and (iii) the posting of your User Content on the Site does not result in a breach of contract between you and a third party.
- The Site may contain Content of other Parentco licensors and users. Except as provided within these Terms, you may not copy, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any Content appearing on the Site.
- Parentco reserves the right to modify or terminate the Site for any reason, without notice to you, at any time.
- Parentco reserves the right to amend these Terms at any time. If such amendments constitute a material change to the Terms, Parentco will notify you via email according to the preference expressed on your account. What constitutes a “material change” will be determined in good faith at Parentco’s sole, reasonable discretion.
- Parentco reserves the right to terminate or refuse access to the Site to anyone for any reason, at any time.
- You acknowledge, consent and agree that Parentco may access, preserve and disclose your Content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access, preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- protect the rights, property or personal safety of Parentco, its users and the public
- comply with legal process
- respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third parties
- respond to your requests for customer service
- You acknowledge and agree that the Site contains proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws (the “IP”).
- Except as expressly permitted by applicable law or as authorized by Parentco, you agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, transmit, broadcast, publicly perform or create derivative works based on the Site or the IP, in whole or in part.
- You agree that, except as otherwise expressly provided in these Terms, there shall be no third-party beneficiaries to these Terms.
- You agree that Parentco and all other Parentco trademarks, trade names, service marks and other Parentco logos and brand features, and product and service names are trademarks and the property of Parentco (the “Parentco Marks“). Without Parentco’s prior permission, you agree not to display or use in any manner the Parentco Marks.
- The section titles in the Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
THIRD PARTY CONTENT, SITES, AND SERVICES
Content available through the Site may contain features and functionalities that may link you or provide you with access to third party content which is completely independent of Parentco, including websites, directories, servers, networks, systems, information and databases, applications, software, programs, products or services, and the Internet as a whole.
Your interactions with organizations and/or individuals found on the Site, including payment and delivery of goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such organizations and/or individuals. You should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any online or offline transaction with any of these third parties.
You agree that Parentco shall not be responsible or liable for any loss, damage or injury of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings. If there is a dispute between participants on this site, or between users and any third party, you understand and agree that Parentco is under no obligation to become involved. In the event that you have a dispute with one or more other users, you hereby release Parentco, its officers, directors, stockholders, employees, agents, affiliates and successors in rights from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind or nature, known or unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and / or the Site. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which says: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which, if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
NOTIFICATION OF CLAIMS OF INFRINGEMENT
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please notify Parentco for notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement at:
200 Main Street #7
Burlington, VT 05401
Please provide Parentco with the following notice:
- Identify the material on the Site that you claim is infringing, with enough detail so that it may be located;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement by you declaring under penalty of perjury that (1) the above information in your notice is accurate, and (2) that you are the owner of the copyright interest involved or that you are authorized to act on behalf of that owner;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address; and
- Your physical or electronic signature.
Parentco will remove the infringing posting(s), subject to the procedures outlined in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
You agree to indemnify and hold Parentco, and its affiliates or subsidiaries, and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, harmless from and against any and all costs, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) which any of them may incur directly or in connection with any claim or demand from a third party, that arises out of (i) any breach of any representation or warranty of these Terms by you; (ii) any claims that allege that any Content posted by you violates the intellectual property rights of any third party; or (iii) any intentional misconduct or negligent act or omission by you in connection with or related to your use of the Site.
Parentco will not be liable for a delay in providing access to the Site to the extent that delay is caused by Internet access outages, insurrection, war, riot, explosion, nuclear incident, fire, flood, earthquake, volcanic activities, general national strikes, embargo, state import or export restrictions, or other event beyond Parentco’s reasonable control.
YOU AGREE THAT USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE SITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU “AS-IS” AND ON AN “AS-AVAILABLE” BASIS. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, PARENTCO (AND ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS) EXPLICITLY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. PARENTCO MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS, THAT THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, OR INFORMATION OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM PARENTCO OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE TERMS.
THE SITE IS PROVIDED WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT NEITHER PARENTCO NOR ITS USERS, WHILE SUCH USERS ARE PARTICIPATING IN THE SITE, ARE ENGAGED IN RENDERING LEGAL, MEDICAL, COUNSELING OR OTHER PROFESSIONAL SERVICES OR ADVICE. THE SITE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL SERVICES OR ADVICE.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
PARENTCO WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF PROFITS, DATA, USE, GOODWILL, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, RESULTING FROM (i) YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE SITE; (ii) ANY CONDUCT OR CONTENT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SITE; (iii) ANY CONTENT OBTAINED FROM THE SITE; AND (iv) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, USE OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR CONTENT, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER OR NOT PARENTCO HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, AND EVEN IF A REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. YOU SHOULD MAKE BACKUP COPIES OF ALL IMPORTANT PHOTOGRAPHS AND OTHER MEDIA POSTED TO THE SITE AND NOT RELY ON PARENTCO AS THE SOLE CUSTODIAN FOR SUCH ITEMS.
Please report any violations of the Terms to [_________________________]
Updated on 07/24/2017 by the folks responsible for Parent.co
With your permission, Parent.co may collect and store content that you provide to it for publication (please see https://www.parent.com/write-parent-co/ for more information on publishing content). The only personally identifiable information that we collect in connection with your use of the Site is your e-mail address, in the event you subscribe to our newsletter. Finally, we collect certain Metadata (as defined below) to help us understand how the Site is used.
USERS UNDER 13
The Site is intended for and directed at adults and is not intended for use by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we become aware that a subscriber is under the age of 13, we will remove their personally identifiable information from our files.
OWNERSHIP OF DATA
You have complete control over the personally identifiable information and content that you provide to Parent.co. You can unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time – though we’d love for you to stay.
INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR ACCOUNT
When you subscribe to the Parent.co newsletter, we may collect specific personal information about you that is personally identifiable, such as your email address. We use this information to allow you to use Parent.co, to send you updates and information about our products and services and for internal business purposes.
INFORMATION OBTAINED BY THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
ANALYTICS AND COOKIES
TRANSFER OF DATA
SHARING OF INFORMATION
Your California Privacy Rights
Parent.co does not share information or content that we collect with third parties for the third party’s direct marketing purposes.
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites with which you communicate. However, web browsers incorporate and activate this feature differently so it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted or if they even are aware of them. Currently, there is no industry standard concerning what, if anything, websites should do when they receive such signals. Accordingly, Parent.co does not take action in response to these signals but will reassess how to respond to these signals if and when a final standard is established and accepted.
Outside The United States
Parent.co is based in Burlington, Vermont in the United States of America. If you are visiting Parent.co from outside the United States, your information and content may be transferred to, processed, and stored in the United States and other countries around the world. By using the Parent.co or providing us with any information or content, you consent to the transfer, processing and storage of your information and content in the United States and other countries around the world. Please note that the laws regarding data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. However, please know that Parent.co strives to take reasonable steps to ensure that your privacy is protected.
LEGAL COMPLIANCE; OTHER REASONS TO SHARE/TRANSFER INFORMATION
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
When we update this document, we will make the newest version available at [https://www.parent.com/about/] and in the most recent release of our mobile applications.
If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected].
Updated on 07/24/17 by the folks responsible for Parent.co.