Many U.S. kids are not getting the sleep they need. For optimal health, children and teens should get the following hours of sleep (per 24 hours) on a regular basis:Source: New Sleep Guidelines for Kids Stress Need for More Zzzs - NBC News
- Infants four months to one year of age: 12-16 hours, including naps;
- Children one to two years old: 11-14 hours, including naps;
- Children three to five years old: 10-13 hours, including naps;
- Children six to 12 years old: 9-12 hours;
- Teenagers 13-18 years old: 8-10 hours.
It takes a village!
Join ours. Before we were parents, we were people. Sign up for tips and stories from parents who get it.