Chai Tea Muffins for cozy Spring mornings!
Posted by Parent.co on Friday, April 21, 2017
April showers call for afternoon baking projects! Try these groovy chai tea muffins with your junior baker this weekend. Just make sure you get decaf tea! To make these gluten-free sub your favorite gluten-free baking mix for the all-purpose flour, it works like a charm!
Chai Tea Muffins
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Contents of 2 decaf chai tea bags
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts – we used pistachios and pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 and line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners
- Add lemon juice to almond milk in a mixing bowl and let sit for 3 minutes. Add oil and egg and mix well. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together flours, sugar, salt, baking soda and powder, and chai tea.
- Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture, and stir gently, just enough to combine. Don’t over mix! You want some lumps, your muffins will be better for it!
- Fill the cups evenly and sprinkle the nuts over the tops.
- Bake at 375 for 13-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool completely.
- For the glaze, whisk a teaspoon or two of almond milk with 1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar and drizzle over cooled muffins.