[su_button url=”https://www.facebook.com/pg/HelloParentCo/videos/?ref=page_internal” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#ffffff” color=”#395a7c” size=”7″ center=”yes” radius=”0″ icon=”icon: arrow-circle-right” icon_color=”#fa4c40″]Check out more Kid Made videos on Facebook![/su_button]
Have a kid who needs to avoid gluten? Or dairy, eggs, soy, or nuts? These amazing brownies contain none of those common allergens, but they are so fudgy and delicious no one will ever guess.
What IS in them, you ask? Magic. And black beans. Try these with your kiddos and you may never go back to “regular” brownies again, really.
- 1 15 oz can black beans (1 1/2 cups) rinsed well with cool water
- 1/2 cup oats (regular or gluten free)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (regular or dairy-free)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Blitz all ingredients together in a food processor, adding a Tbsp or two of water while blending.
- Spread into a greased 8-inch square or round pan. You can also line the bottom with parchment paper if you like.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until top is glossy and starting to pull away from the edges.
If the middle still seems very wet bake for another 2 or 3 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting. Store uneaten brownies covered in the fridge for up to three days, if they last that long!