[su_button url=”https://www.facebook.com/pg/HelloParentCo/videos/?ref=page_internal” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#ffffff” color=”#395a7c” size=”7″ center=”yes” radius=”0″ icon=”icon: arrow-circle-right” icon_color=”#fa4c40″]Check out more Kid Made videos on Facebook![/su_button]
The holiday season can bring sweets, treats, and schedules too packed for a decent dinner. If you need a good meal in a hurry give these healthy, delicious, and ultra kid-friendly noodles a try. The best part? They’ll be ready before you can say “take-out”!
Peanut Sesame Noodles
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 1 lb whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 cups shredded veggies – lettuce, carrots, red cabbage, and peppers work well.
- Cook noodles according to package directions in salted water. Rinse with cold water to cool, and set aside in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, mix peanut butter, sesame oil, minced garlic, tamari, and rice vinegar until smooth. Add hot water and whisk until well combined and smooth.
- Pour sauce over noodles and toss well to coat.
- Top with sliced veggies, or serve noodles in individual bowls and let folks top with whatever veggies they like!
Hot sauce, chopped cilantro or parsley and crushed peanuts make great additional toppings!