Not all Halloween treats are sweet! Try these easy, cheesy, puff pastry jack o' lanterns with dinner, and get your little ones to help. Spookily delicious!
Posted by Parent.co on Friday, October 21, 2016
Not all Halloween treats are sweet! Try these easy, cheesy, puff pastry jack o’ lanterns with dinner, and get your little ones to help. Spookily delicious!
Halloween Puff Pastry
Makes 8-10 jack o’ lanterns
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
- 2 thawed puff pastry sheets
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 stick melted butter
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Slivers and triangles of zucchini and green or purple peppers
- Pepper to taste
- Roll out thawed sheets of puff pastry one at a time, each on a lightly floured piece of parchment paper to a 12/12 inch square.
- Brush one square with melted butter, then sprinkle generously with the cheese.
- Sprinkle with some black pepper.
- Place the other pastry square on top of the cheese and roll over the top with your rolling pin a few times.
- Cut out pumpkin shapes and carefully place on a baking sheet, using a spatula.
- In a small bowl, whisk remaining melted butter, paprika, and salt until combined.
- Brush each pumpkin with butter mixture.
- Use veggie shapes to make jack o’ lantern faces on pumpkins.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.