[su_button url=”https://www.facebook.com/pg/HelloParentCo/videos/?ref=page_internal” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#ffffff” color=”#395a7c” size=”7″ center=”yes” radius=”0″ icon=”icon: arrow-circle-right” icon_color=”#fa4c40″]Check out more Kid Made videos on Facebook![/su_button]
In the midst of Halloween candy madness, these pumpkin brownies are a sweet treat you could actually call healthy-ish! Ok, maybe that’s a stretch, but the nut butter and pumpkin do add protein and fiber, even to the frosting! Heading to a Halloween gathering? Big kids can whip these up on their own and bring ‘em along. Spookily delicious!
Nutty Pumpkin Brownies
Makes: 1 8×8 inch pan (12-18 brownies depending on your cut size)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 30 minutes total
Cool Time: 30 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 cup nut butter of your choice (we used almond)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup flour
- ⅔ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ⅔ cup nut butter
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix nut butter, pumpkin, eggs and vanilla in a large mixing bowl by hand or with a hand mixer until well blended.
- Add flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt, and mix until mixture is smooth and no dry ingredient streaks remain.
- Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper so the edges overhang on all sides.
- Pour mixture into lined pan, smoothing the top.
- Bake at 350 for 25-10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out just clean.
- Cool completely.
- Make frosting! Mix remaining ½ cup pumpkin, ⅔ cup peanut butter, and confectioner’s sugar in a large bowl and beat by hand or with hand held mixer until fluffy. If it’s too stiff, add a Tbsp or two of almond milk at a time and keep beating, until you get to your desired consistency.
- When brownies are cool, frost to the edges.
- Cut and serve!
Feel free to use any nut butter your like! You can also use any milk you like to loosen the frosting, if you stick with almond or soy these are a dairy free treat!