[su_button url=”https://www.facebook.com/pg/HelloParentCo/videos/?ref=page_internal” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#ffffff” color=”#395a7c” size=”7″ center=”yes” radius=”0″ icon=”icon: arrow-circle-right” icon_color=”#fa4c40″]Check out more Kid Made videos on Facebook![/su_button]
Simple Noodle Soup
- 4 cups chicken broth (homemade is great but boxed works just fine)
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups pasta (small shapes like ditallini, orzo, or mini shells work well)
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced veggies (we used carrots)
- 3 Tbsp grated parmesan plus more for topping
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp thinly sliced scallions plus more for topping
- Black pepper to taste
- Heat the chicken broth and water in a large shallow saucepan over medium high heat until it just starts to boil.
- Reduce heat to low, add pasta and veggies, and simmer gently for about 10 minutes, checking the pasta for doneness.
- As soon as the pasta is cooked to your liking, remove pan from the heat and stir in the butter and then the parmesan.
- Add the scallions and stir.
- Use a slotted spoon to put some pasta in each bowl, then ladle over as much broth as you like.
- Top with lots of fresh grated parmesan, some pepper, and a few more scallions if you like.
If you want to make this a more substantial dinner, add about a cup of shredded cooked chicken once the pasta is cooked!