[su_button url=”https://www.facebook.com/pg/HelloParentCo/videos/?ref=page_internal” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#ffffff” color=”#395a7c” size=”7″ center=”yes” radius=”0″ icon=”icon: arrow-circle-right” icon_color=”#fa4c40″]Check out more Kid Made videos on Facebook![/su_button]
Summer sleepover? Try this fun, easy, delicious breakfast with your kiddo and a friend!
Stripey toast, rainbow fruit kabobs and a quick yogurt hack will put a smile on everyone’s face, and start the day off right. Good morning indeed!
Super Rainbow Breakfast
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Amounts are loose, adjust depending on how many folks you’re serving!
- 2-4 slices of white bread
- About ⅔ cup milk – a few Tbsps for each color you want to make
- Butter (or jam!)
- Food coloring
- Assorted colorful fruit
- 1-2 cups of plain Greek yogurt (depending on how many you’re serving)
- Honey and cinnamon to taste
- Stirring a drop or two of coloring into a few Tbsps of milk, make as many rainbow colors as you like.
- Using a clean paintbrush or basting brush, paint stripes of color onto bread slices. You can do one or both sides.
- Toast it!
- Butter it up!
- Cut your fruit into bite sized chunks and slide onto bamboo skewers in a colorful pattern – at our house we love rainbows!
- Stir a squeeze of honey and a sprinkle of cinnamon – as much or as little as you like.
- Serve everyone a few pieces of toast, a kebab and a small bowl for yogurt.
Natural food colorings also work, of course.
Use any fruit you like, even a two color pattern is fun – we like strawberries and bananas.
If your kids don’t like plain yogurt, try swirling a spoonful of jam into it before serving!