Our kids love berries so much they eat them by the handful all summer long, but I always make sure to snag a few pints just for baking. Raspberries and chocolate are a match made in heaven. These brownies are dense, fudgy, flecked with bits of juicy fruit and, believe it or not, vegan! Whether you serve them with toppings or not, they’re treats that make the most of summer’s sweetness!
Vegan Raspberry Brownies
Makes 1 8×8 inch pan – 16-20 brownies, depending on your cut size
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 50-55 minutes
Cool Time: 1 hr
Total time: 2 hrs 5 minutes
- ¾ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ¾ cup coconut oil
- 1 ⅔ cups brown sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1¼ cup fresh raspberries, divided
- 1 ⅓ cups all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp almond flour
- In a medium saucepan over low heat melt the coconut oil and chocolate chips, stirring until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, lightly mash ¼ cup of the raspberries, then add the applesauce and mix to combine.
- Add the brown sugar and fruit mixture to the melted chocolate in the pan and whisk until smooth and uniform.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt, and almond flour.
- Sift over the chocolate mixture a bit at a time, whisking after each addition, until all of the flour mixture is incorporated.
- Spread batter into a parchment-lined 8×8 pan and smooth the top. Top with the rest of the fresh raspberries.
- Bake at 360 for 50-55 minutes, or until sides start to pull away from pan and a toothpick inserted in the center of the brownies comes out mostly clean. These are very fudgy brownies, and depending on your oven they may need an extra 5 minutes or so.