We're sharing a post from Brigitta Burguess every day this week, as a series about her perspective as a younger, new new mom. Read them all here.
There are so many exciting milestones on the road of life. As parents, we want to be there for each and every one of them. From first steps to first time driving a first, these moments are memorable for everyone involved.
But outside of the monumental moments , I'm looking forward to the less epic, but just as meaningful, experiences. Heres a list of the top ten things I cant wait to see my young son do as he grows:
1. Pick out his own outfit for the first time. Matching socks are extremely overrated.
2. Make his first friend at school. Theyll definitely be like Cory and Shawn. Or Cory and Topanga, of course, if its a girl.
3. Go to his first concert. Please dont let it be Taylor Swift.
4. Fly a kite for the first time. Because kites are just so cool.
5. Hear someone mispronounce his name for the first time. Because somehow, even if you are Sarah Smith, someone is going to call you Sa-rahh.
6. Do his first cartwheel. Because then maybe he can teach me.
7. Eat his first popsicle. And then hopefully get that adorable bright blue tongue for the rest of the day.
8. See his first movie in theaters. But really Im most excited about watching him put that magnificent liquid butter stuff on his popcorn.
9. Pick out his first book from the bookstore. Unless, of course, bookstores are all completely out of business by then. His first book on Kindle?
10. Try pizza for the first time. Because pizza is one of the worlds greatest inventions. And while Im prepared to accept any toppings he chooses, I really hope he doesnt like pineapple.