[su_button url=”https://www.facebook.com/pg/HelloParentCo/videos/?ref=page_internal” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#ffffff” color=”#395a7c” size=”7″ center=”yes” radius=”0″ icon=”icon: arrow-circle-right” icon_color=”#fa4c40″]Check out more Kid Made videos on Facebook![/su_button]
The Best Kale Salad
- 1 large bunch lacinato kale, stems removed
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas drained, rinsed, and patted dry 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup toasted bread crumbs (heat a non-stick skillet over medium low heat, toss the breadcrumbs in the warm skillet, stirring around constantly for about 3-4 minutes until they turn toasty brown. Watch them carefully so they don’t burn!)
- Preheat your oven to 425
- Toss the chickpeas with 2 Tbsp of the olive oil, 1 tsp salt, the garlic powder, and pepper to taste.
- Spread in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet, and roast in the hot oven for about 15-20 minutes or until they are golden brown and crispy. Set aside.
- Roll the kale leaves, with stems removed, vertically into little tubes, and slice into thin ribbons.
- Add ribboned kale to a large mixing bowl and toss with the minced garlic, remaining 2 Tbsp olive oil, 2 Tbsp lemon juice, remaining salt, and pepper to taste. Toss well.
- Add the parmesan cheese and toss to distribute, then add the breadcrumbs and toss one more time.
- Taste and adjust – you may want a little more salt, pepper, or lemon.
- Serve it up and add a heaping spoonful of crispy chick peas to each plate.