Homemade samosas for dinner? Oh, yes. With a kid sous chef, and our time saving trick, you can have these ready in 30 minutes, dipping sauce included!
Posted by Parent.co on Friday, November 4, 2016
Homemade samosas for dinner? Oh yes. With a kid sous chef, and our time saving trick (tortillas replace the pastry!) you can have these ready in 30 minutes, dipping sauce included!
Sweet and Spicy Baked Samosas
Makes: 16 samosas
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
- 1 lb cooked ground turkey
- 1 cup cooked diced sweet potato
- 1 cup cooked carrots
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tsp curry powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 flour burrito size tortillas
- 2 tsp water
- 3 tsp flour
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 tsp Sriracha sauce
- Preheat your oven to 400.
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, sweet potato, carrots, garlic, curry powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well. Taste and adjust seasonings if you like.
- Place tortillas in a stack on a cutting board and slice in half, making 16 half moons.
- Mix flour and water in a small bowl until smooth.
- One at a time, place a tortilla half curved side up on the cutting board, and fold each side in evenly, making a cone shape. Using your finger, dot some of the flour mixture along the edges and press hard to seal. Pick up the cone and fill with about a ¼ cup of filling. Fold the top edges over and seal with more flour mixture. Repeat with all 16 tortillas.
- Place tortillas in a cast iron skillet or on an oiled baking sheet and brush the tops with the melted butter.
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- To make dipping sauce whisk together yogurt and Sriracha in a small bowl until blended.
Feel free to add or substitute 2 cups green peas and chopped cooked potatoes for the meat to make these vegetarian!